Thursday, February 24, 2011

Students

Sometimes Students can drive a teacher to the point of wanting to yank their hair out.....actually that's most of the time! But, the students who really make your day are the ones that you remember the most. I have had this 3 hr. long class on Saturday evenings, and of course no student wants to be in class for 3 hrs. on a Saturday any way....But this whole class has been really great about coming in with good attitudes...even when they had to come to class on Saturday December 25th, Christmas Day. They still came to class with big smiles on their faces and participated a lot in the classroom. But I just want to really say that one student in particular who always tried her best and worked the hardest always seemed to make my day brighter. Her English nick name is Alice, but I don't know her real Korean name (I know, that's really sad that I don't know her name! But literally, we never use nor really see their real names!). Every day she walks through the door with a big smile on her face, laughing and happy! Then on every break between hours she will draw pictures on the board of "me." Granted, these look nothing like me, but remember she draws them in less than 5 mins, usually before I have returned to the classroom from the short break. So recently I have been making a collection of pics that she's drawn on the board...So I thought I'd share some of her cute lil' pics.

In this pic you can see the side of her face. And then walking in the door is the Desk teacher who is also named Alice....so, the two Alices, and "Angel Leana"

The body of this one looks like I Smurf, I told her I really wanted to color it blue...She just laughed at me.

This one was done on the Saturday class before Valentine's Day and we were discussing the pros and cons of Credit Cards....SO, This is aparently what I think of...."C.C.s" (which stood for Credit Cards in our class notes), "I'm so pretty" (I do think that often!), "I'm an ANGEL" (I don't believe that), "Keil" (the only boy student in this class), "No ReTest...haha!" (The students' DREAM!), "Where's my boyfriend?" (nah, I don't want one of those!), "2/14" (Valentine's Day), "I hope I get chocolate" (YES I DO! ) , "Crazy Alice" (the artist, who makes my day!), one dot of "Young" (the Korean-Australian teacher at our school), and lastly one little bitty dot of "Why are my lovely students hating me?" (nah, I never wonder that, hahaha)

We had been discussing some religious info about the Angel Gabriel, and when I returned to the class after the break, I had now been renamed....Angel GabLeana


When I was grading tests I noticed this at the top of her paper...."I'm Leana Angel. If you want a perfect, give me presents!!!" Then of course it went so well with her test, because she Aced her test...PERFECT "A+"

No comments:

Post a Comment