Friday, April 15, 2011

Coming out of the cold

Do you ever feel like you get stuck in one of those phases where you are caught in a rut. The cold winter, where everything is dead and you just can't seem to stay warm enough. The smile that runs across your face is just sort of pasted there for looks. Questions always keeping your mind awake at night and you can't turn it off. I always have had friends, making friends has never been a problem for me....but I just have felt really distant from them...all of them. Yes, including my number one friend who will always be there for me. Then on Wednesday morning I was sitting down for coffee with a group of wonderful people and we were discussing a book of the Bible. One girl had made a comment about our personal relationships with others and most of all, with God. She made a comment that sort of made me re-evaluate my relationships. I can't exactly remember how she phrased it, but it went something like this "we tend to be seasonal Christians. In the 'Spring' Brand new and fresh we are growing and producing fruit for all to see. Then as 'Summer' rolls around we still have our color, but we aren't producing our fruit so abundantly. Then 'Fall' has beautiful color that we still give off, but we find our selves really struggling to keep our head above water to stay alive and strong. When 'Winter' comes we have the front of being that plant, but we feel numb, lost, nearly dead. BUT something happens the 'season' changes and that little spark that we still had deep inside starts to show and starts to bloom once again." After she said that, I started to look at my life. I have really been stuck in the 'Fall' and 'Winter' for many years. I'm ready to leave the cold behind me and make the change. What a wonderful time to make the change in my life to 'Spring' when it is the true season. I pray that with His help I can make the 'Spring' in my life last longer than only a season. "Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things; His right hand and His holy arm have worked salvation for him" Psalm 98

No comments:

Post a Comment